|Animals and plants|
Animals and birds shall be transported upon prior agreement with air carrier. Please inform air carrier or its authorized representative of your intention to carry animals (birds) when you book a flight or buy a ticket.
Animals (birds) to be transported shall be put into a hard carrier (or a cage). Such hard carriers (cages) shall satisfy the following requirements:
- spacious enough (the required size of the hard carrier will be calculated as follows: maximum two mature animals (up to 14 kilo each), who are used to each other per one hard carrier; maximum three animals under 6 months per one container. The width of the hard carrier will be calculated as follows: for two animals — the shoulder width multiplied by 3; for three animals — the shoulder width multiplied by four);
- free air access and a safe lock;
- the bottom of the hard carrier (cage) shall be waterproof and shall be covered with an absorbing substance;
- a border shall run along the bottom perimeter to prevent the absorbing substance from spilling over;
- cages with birds shall be wrapped in a thick lightproof cloth.
The weight of animals and birds will not be covered by the free baggage allowance.
Transportation of animals and birds shall be paid for at the excess luggage tariff multiplied by the actual weight of the animal (bird) with the hard carrier (cage).
Test animals will not be accepted for transportation.
Guide dogs accompanying blind/deaf passengers shall be transported in the cabin free of charge over the free baggage allowance if their training is properly certified. Such a dog shall wear a collar and a muzzle and shall be tied to the seat of the owner.
Air carrier will transport your animals and birds only if you assume all liabilities related to such animals and birds. Air carrier shall not be held liable for any injuries, loss, delays in transportation, sicknesses or death of such animals and birds and for refusals in carriage or, on international flights, any prohibitions to cross the border.
|Receiving, delivery baggage|
The rate of carriage of baggage free of charge depends on the type of aircraft and class of service the passenger.
The standard free baggage allowance per passenger in economy class — 20 kg per passenger, «C» class — 30 kg. Baggage is indicated in the appropriate box flight coupon. Dimensions of each piece of luggage must not be more than 50×50×100 cm Maximum weight of one piece must not exceed 32 kg. As part of the free baggage as checked baggage and unchecked (hand luggage). In the area of registration, you can take advantage of packing luggage. Excess and oversized baggage, and animals require special clearance. Contact in advance of the airline and check the conditions of carriage of such baggage. For questions related to the damage or loss of baggage, please contact the agent to the baggage claim or the dispatcher on the organization of passenger transportation by calling (423) 230-68-33.
Transportation norms of free luggage
Transportation norms of free luggage are stated by the carrier (air company).above-norm free luggage may include a following objects (if an objects are not included in hand luggage):
- Plastic bag
- Bouquet of flowers
- Handbag or folder
- Print for reading during a flight
- Umbrella or stick
- Coat or cloak
- Baby’s food
- Pulldown wheelchair or crutches
- Cradle, wheelchair and crutches may be transported in aircraft baggage compartment.
Dangerous Goods and prohibited items
In compliance with attachment No. 1 to the Rules of conducting pre-flight and post-flight inspection at the airport, asserted by the order of the Ministry of Transport of the Russian Federation on 25th of July 2007 No. 104 it is forbidden for passangers to transport on board of the aircraft in registered baggage or in the belongings of the passengers, the following dangerous substances and objects:
- Explosive substances and arms;
- Toxic and poisonous substances;
- Highly flammable liquids;
- Flammable hard substances;
- Radioactive materials;
- Compressed and liquefied gases;
- Oxidizing substances such as mercury;
- Magnetized material;
- Oxidizers and organic peroxides;
- Acidic and corrosive substances.
It is allowed to transport on board of the aircraft by the members of the crew and passengers with observance of the required conditions the following objects and substances.
In the registered baggage (checked-in) in cargo, baggage compartment of the aircraft with restricted access to the language by the passengers during the flight:
- crossbows, underwater guns, cavalry swords, saber, hatchet, yataghan, broadswords, swords, rapier, bayonet, daggers, knifes: hunting, knifes with flick out blades, with latched locks, replicas of any types of arms;
- household knifes (scissors) with a length of a blade (blade) above 60 mm; alcoholic beverage with more than 24%, but no more than 70% of alcohol on volume in containers with capacity of 5 l, in a package, meant for retail trade — mo more than 5 l per passenger;
- liquids and alcoholic beverages with alcoholic content by volume not above 24%;
- aerosols, meant for use in sport or household aims, emission valves of spray-cans which are protected by lids from spontaneous emission of the contents with a capacity of no more than 0,5 kg or 500 ml — no more than 2 kg or 2 l per passenger
Transportation of oversized baggage (dimensions of one piece of baggage exceeding 50×50×100 cm) requires an additional payment at the cashier’s office in the airport or airline.
If the weight of your baggage exceeds the free baggage allowance, you will need to pay the difference in weight according to the rate in the cash payment of excess baggage. Transportation of oversized baggage is charged at its actual weight.
Payment shall be certified by excess baggage receipt. Employee airport, carrying baggage, validate payment and give you a boarding pass.
Racks for payment of excess baggage are located near the island of registration in the registration area of the Russian and international flights.
Payment for excess baggage is made for each kilogram in excess of the free baggage allowance in accordance with rates established airline carriers.
Baggage measuring more than 500×500×1000 mm is accepted for transportation only with the permission of the carrier in the presence of free tonnage. The passenger must provide to the heavy, long, large baggage arrangements for registration of its labels for the transportation, loading and unloading by means of mechanization, which is equipped with the airport.
Warning: when fully loaded aircraft, and with a considerable weight of your baggage exceeds the free baggage, you can refuse to transport. We recommend this issue to agree with the representative of the airline and specify when purchasing tickets.
If you have baggage which exceeds the standard weight set by the airline of your travel class service (excess baggage):
- After weighing your baggage, the airport agent will indicate the actual quantity and weight of your baggage in the flight coupon and direct you to the cashier in the check-in zone or to the representative of the airline to manage the payment issue. The difference between actual weight and free baggage standard weight is paid according to the set rate.
- After you have paid you need to get the baggage paid receipt. You pay for each kilogramme, exceeding the standard weight, according to the rates set by the airline providing transportation.
- After the agent has checked and withdrawn the corresponding coupon from the excess baggage ticket, you are supposed to get the boarding pass.
Don’t forget to preliminary specify the rules of excess baggage transportation in airline office.
Overdimensional baggage transportation (1 baggage piece overall dimensions exceed 50×50×100cm) require extra payment at the airport cashier or in the airline office. The airport employee who checks in the baggage will make sure that the payment is made correctly and give you the boarding pass.
The airline has the right to refuse to transport items that do not comply with the transportation standard weight. You are advised to specify information about the rules of transportation of oversized baggage when buying the ticket.
Passengers are not recommended to put in your checked baggage fragile or perishable items, money, jewelry, precious metals, securities and other valuables, business documents, keys and other similar items.
Baggage that has external injuries, which do not affect its safety during transportation and handling and can not cause harm to passengers, crew, third party damage to the aircraft, the baggage of other passengers or other property can be accepted for carriage as checked baggage from the consent of the carrier. The presence and type of damage confirmed by the signature of the passenger.
Basis: Federal Aviation Regulations, «General rules for air transport of passengers, baggage, cargo and maintenance requirements of passengers, shippers, consignees," approved by Order of the Ministry of Transportation on June 28, 2007 № 82
Carrier shall be exempt from liability for baggage, if he proves that the loss, shortage or damage occurred due to circumstances which he could not prevent or elimination of which did not depend, in particular:
- special natural characteristics that are in the baggage items or substances that cause damage, injury, and similar phenomena;
- packing defects, which could not be seen on external examination for acceptance to the carriage of luggage;
- placing the passenger in the baggage items, materials or other things that are prohibited for carriage as baggage because of their special properties, or require special conditions or precautions during transport and storage.
Carrier is not liable for:
for loss of baggage attached to money, securities, documents, jewelry and other similar items that require special measures of storage during transport.
Do not accepted for carriage as Baggage The following items:
refrigerators, washing machines, sewing machine foot, bikes, scooters, mopeds, bicycles, sporting and hunting boats, motors to them, bulky machinery and spare parts (samples of industrial products, equipment, devices designed to enterprises, organizations), bulky items and items household items (dimensions of which exceed 500×500×1000 mm), televisions, tape recorders, radios, weighing over 10 kg.
Reason: A Guide to transport luggage to the airlines, the Ministry of Civil Aviation approved November 27, 1985
|Damaged or lost & found baggage|
If you have received your baggage in bad order, or it is damaged or some of its content is missing you can appeal to the airport agent present during the baggage receiving process where they will explain you the order of further actions.
With the property irregularity report, address to:
- the airport arrival customs zone (if you have come from abroad);
- terminal (if you have come by domestic airline).
If you fail to comply with the rules, the decision about the property report will be taken by your carrier airline.
If you fail to find your baggage by the end of baggage receiving process, please address to the airport staff where you will be advised what to do next. Mostly the baggage is sent to the passenger by the airline — carrier within 5 days after you have declared about the baggage non-arrival. You can get the necessary information about baggage search process by calling:8 (423) 230 6843 8.00:20.00
8 (423) 230 6833, 8 (423) 230 6836 (around the clock).